In 1898, the agricultural cooperative in Einbeck builds a granary with financial support from a Prussian government initiative to boost storage capacity for cereals. It is a six-storey brick building with wooden beams and floors designed to hold around 1,000 tonnes of grain. The architects and builders are a local firm called Schramm.
|1897||Decision taken to found an agricultural cooperative – the Landwirtschaftliche Absatzgenossenschaft Einbeck|
|1898/99||Construction of the Einbeck Kornhaus (granary)|
|1899||The cooperative signs the lease and commences business|
|1901||Renaming of the cooperative as KORNHAUS eGmbH|